This is a two-part workshop.
Part I is an online tutorial that covers common definitions, visa types, tax treaties and documentation pertaining to payment processing for foreign nationals.
Part II is an instructor-led class where we will cover examples and case studies on topics such as determining if an individual is a foreign national; payment types to foreign nationals (honoraria, fee for services, stipends, and wages); and the types of documentation needed to receive treaty benefits and potential exemption from taxes. Participants will also review the Foreign National Questionnaire form and other required documents and backup material.
Lori Kanellis, Tax Office
This class will take place from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- PAY104-BLD-2017.09.21: Thursday, 9/21/2017
- PAY104-BLD-2017.12.14: Thursday, 12/14/2017
- PAY104-BLD-2018.03.06: Tuesday, 3/6/2018
- PAY104-BLD-2018.06.12: Tuesday, 6/12/2018
Register through CULearn
- Go to the course page in CULearn. (Log in with your NetID and password is required.)
- Choose the class time that fits your schedule and click Enroll.