We will form a cross-functional team to analyze data and implement strategies to simplify the procure-to-pay process while providing appropriate stewardship and control mechanisms.
Through this initiative, DFA’s Procurement team will encourage business service centers and colleges and administrative units to adopt best practices, implement tools that will impact the payment process and change workflow, and implement process improvements and cost reductions, while strengthening relationships with Cornell’s suppliers as well as campus customers.
The following items are tasks performed during this initiative:
- Increase visibility of university spend to identify ways to reduce spending and make purchasing more efficient.
- Maximize the use of e-procurement, electronic invoicing and non-check payments to realize efficiencies.
- Manage enterprise spending, drive savings, and enhance relationships with diverse and local suppliers, in collaboration with units and others.
- Enable efficient purchasing processes by providing the right tools to access information, forms, and other resources.
- Develop strategic partnerships with customers to provide better service, gain substantial savings, and develop effective and efficient processes.
- Procedures and policies will be more effective.
- Savings will increase and relationships with suppliers will strengthen.
- Relationships with customers and campus partners will be reinforced.