Suggested Prerequisite: Accounting 101 or a minimum of 3-6 months experience working with Cornell accounts.
This course defines allowable and unallowable costs, from the vantage point of the university and the federal government. Excerpts from the new Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200) will be discussed in detail. Other topics include how to code federal unallowable transactions, how federal unallowable costs affect the facilities and administrative rate calculation, and the review process for federal unallowable costs.
Cost and Capital Assets staff members; and Steve Jackson, Organizational Development for Faculty and Staff (ODFS)
This class will take place from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- FIN108-BLD-2017.09.12: Tuesday, 9/12/2017
- FIN108-BLD-2017.11.14: Tuesday, 11/14/2017
- FIN108-BLD-2018.02.06: Tuesday, 2/6/2018
- FIN108-BLD-2018.05.01: Tuesday, 5/1/2018
Register through CULearn
- Go to the course page in CULearn. (Log in with your NetID and password is required.)
- Choose the class time that fits your schedule and click Enroll.