The procurement card (pcard) coordinator is an individual within a business service center who reviews pcard transactions and processes those transactions using the Kuali Financial System (KFS). These individuals play an important role in card management and policy compliance. They have specific responsibilities, as summarized below and detailed in the section 308, PCard Responsibilities of the Buying Manual.
The Office of Credit Card Programs is available to assist coordinators with every aspect of pcards. For additional information on pcards and KFS, we also recommend the following:
Summary of the Coordinator's Responsibilities
- Be familiar with the pcard section of the Buying Manual and any updates that may occur.
- Review pcard transactions in KFS and ImageNow for policy compliance; release transactions to the appropriate account within 15 days.
- Track instances of noncompliance with university policy for your cardholders; report all instances of noncompliance to your BSC director.
- Report instances of possible pcard abuse to the University Audit Office.
- Provide assistance to your cardholders in areas such as the application process, disputes, fraud reporting and lost/stolen cards.
- Request account closure when a unit notifies you that an individual has terminated employment.
- Request account suspension when you are notified that a cardholder is on a university leave of greater than 30 days or for an unknown period of time.
- Update addresses and default account associated with pcards, as requested.