New York State requires their agencies to earmark a percentage of discretionary spending on each contract to be spent with a New York State-certified minority or woman-owned business entity (M/WBE) and that they demonstrate a good-faith effort to identify potential vendors.
Ways to find M/WBE businesses:
- See the New York State Certified M/WBE vendors in KFS (XLSX, 70 KB).
- Search the New York State M/WBE Directory. You may filter your search by vendor name, business description, or commodity code.
- See Cornell's list of preferred and contract suppliers and sort by the Business Type column heading to quickly identify diverse suppliers.
Review the good faith requirements on the New York Department of State's Division of Administrative Rules website:
- Select Title 5 Department of Economic Development.
- Select Chapter XIV Division of Minority and Women's Business Development.
- Select Part 142 Requirements and Procedures Regarding Participation by Certified Minority- and Women-Owned Business Enterprises on State Contracts.
- Select s142.8 Contractor's good faith efforts.
Other Relevant Information: