The procurement card (pcard) is a tool designed specifically for staff whose position requires frequent business-related purchases.
How to apply for a pcard:
- To ensure that applicants understand and agree to cardholder responsibilities before applying, supervisors who believe their staff member needs a university pcard will instruct the staff member to complete the PCard Tutorial and Exam below.
- After the applicant has completed training, the supervisor may contact their business service center (BSC) to request a cardholder application be initiated.
- The BSC initiates the application using AdobeSign, and routes it to the supervisor, unit chair, or business manager and the applicant.
- If the requested transaction limit is greater than $500, the unit's Senior Finance Group member must also approve the application.
- To protect the employee and the university, Credit Card Programs reviews applications to ensure no earlier compliance concerns exist, and notifies the BSC and/or university controller of any potential concerns.
- The applicant, if approved, will receive an email from Credit Card Programs with final details on the card issuance process.
All applicants must successfully complete the CULearn tutorial, "PUR 111 Procurement Card Tutorial and Exam."
How To enroll for and take this tutorial:
- In your Web browser, go to CULearn and log in with your Cornell NetID and password.
- In the Search Learning Catalog box, search for the course number (PUR 111).
- Select the course title in the search results.
- Select Enroll.
- Select Launch to begin the course.
If you have questions about or problems with this tutorial, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.