For more information about vehicle rentals and a rate comparison, see Vehicle and Charter Rentals.
For reservations using the Hertz website below, use CDP# 17564.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Program
Visit the Hertz #1 Club Gold Plus Rewards website to enroll in the rewards program with no annual fee for Cornell employees.
Gold Plus Reward Program Features
- Points never expire
- Any Day reward options with no blackouts
- Easy, online redemption at Hertz.com
To make a reservation, contact Hertz Reservations directly at (800) 654-3131, or go to www.hertz.com. Use Cornell Corporate CDP# 17564 to receive discounted rates and insurance privileges. Personal rentals do not include insurance and can be reserved by using the same CDP#17564.
The renter must have a valid driver's license. A major credit card or Cornell corporate card in his or her name should be utilized for payment. For tax-exempt business rentals in New York State, the renter must pay with a Cornell corporate card.
Rates and Other Information
- Rates are available for all classes of vehicles.
- Rates are for rentals returned to the same location, additional charges for one-way rentals.
- Protection plans included with business rentals are the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) – full coverage for loss or damage to the rental car; and Primary Liability Protection Coverage for authorized operators of $100,000 per person, $300,000 per accident, and $25,000 in property damage.
- When booking online for business purposes, please check "I am traveling on Company Official Travel." Do not accept the LDW or Liability Insurance Supplement (LIS) coverages, because they are automatically included in the rate quoted.
- Drivers must be 20 years of age to be eligible to rent under Cornell's corporate agreement.
- The renter must have a valid driver's license and a major credit card in his or her name. (For tax-exempt business rentals in New York State, the renter must pay with a Cornell corporate card.)
- In Europe, rentals booked with the Cornell contract rate and CDP# 17564 include the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Theft Protection (TP) coverages. When booking online for business purposes, please check "I am traveling on Company Official Travel," and "Quote me the program my company has negotiated." This will ensure that your rate quoted in Europe includes the appropriate coverage.
- The Hertz Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program is free to all Cornell Gold members. New Gold members will automatically be enrolled. If you are an existing Gold member, update your profile by selecting the Gold Plus Rewards box.
- For insurance coverage on international vehicle rentals, please check eligibility with the Cornell University contract administrator. Certain countries are excluded from contract coverage.
National Account Manager, Northeast Region
The Hertz Corporation
75 Ajax Road
Rochester, NY 14624
Telephone: (585) 235-0210 or (617) 561-3031
Fax: (877) 333-9462