Several sections of the Buying Manual were updated effective October 1, 2017.
- 203 — The description for payment of writers, editors, and indexers with a service provider contract was clarified.
- 205 — Vendor Setup was been updated to document that Tax Office approval is required for use of SP payment type for domestic and foreign vendors.
- 400 — Revised management approval required for large-dollar orders greater than $500,000.
- 405 — Added information on insurance requirements for drones.
- 503 — Added information on the use of the Summary of Accounting Treatment form for capital leases.
- 618 — Updated to include links to IT Governance information and a requirement to contact the IT Governance Committee.
- 804 — Corrected the address for Accounts Payable.
In conjunction with the expanded transaction limit options for procurement cardholders, the following Buying Manual sections were also updated:
- 301 — PCard Eligibility and Dollar Limits: Dollar limits were updated to include new $1,500 limit option and to remove the higher $5,000 option at Cornell university vendors, which was used very infrequently.
- 302 — PCard Prohibited Transactions: Added the prohibition of software purchases and cloud services unless technology risk assessment is completed per CIT requirement.
- 305 — PCard Procedures: Added the requirement that an SFG/SBG member approve all pcard applications with a greater than $500 transaction limit.
- 306 — PCard Policy Violations: NEW section that incorporates best practices previously published on Procurement website and specifies consequences for violations.
- 308 — PCard Responsibilities: Formerly section 306, now includes responsibilities for SFG/SBG members.