This message is related to vendor types that are used for disbursement voucher payments. If you have any questions related to this information, contact Cathy Salino.
Changes related to vendor types:
- Refund and Reimbursement vendors will use vendor type RV.
- Tax IDs are not required for this vendor type.
- Do not code as Foreign. We have no tax reporting responsibilities for the types of transactions authorized for Refund and Reimbursements. Coding a Vendor as Foreign adds unnecessary review steps for every payment made to that vendor.
- Any enroute Vendor e-doc for Refund & Reimbursement Vendors will be changed to the RV vendor type.
- Vendor type SP will be restricted to Special Payments authorized by the Tax Manager.
- Entities currently authorized for SP vendor type:
- Governments: Federal, State, Local or Foreign
- Vendors with “Tax Collector” in their name
- K-12 Public Schools
- Foreign Embassies
- Tax IDs are not required for this vendor type
- Do not code as Foreign. We have no tax reporting responsibilities for these types of entities. Coding a vendor as Foreign adds unnecessary review steps for every payment made to that vendor.
- This vendor type will be briefly inactivated as we make the transition for Refund Vendors.
Existing SP vendors that do not meet the criteria for Special Payments, will be converted to vendor type of RV.