- You must self-enroll online each semester.
- Enrolling in the Cornell Installment Plan will not enroll the student in a meal plan or housing program. To enroll in those services, please contact the Dining or Housing offices separately.
See Budget Tips for an explanation of potential charges and help in calculating your payments.
The Cornell Installment Plan (CIP), also known as the Full-Service Payment Plan, administered by Cashnet, enables students and their families to make monthly installments to cover each semester's tuition and expenses.
Cashnet is secure and can be accessed only by authorized application users. This service is not available for loan or collection account holders.
How to enroll in a semester-based installment plan
- Go to Cashnet, using the Student or Other User/Payer login on our Cashnet page.
- Choose Payment Plans from the menu.
- Select View Payment Plan Options.
- Enter the amount you need to budget for the semester.
- Select Enroll in Plan.
- Accept the eSignature disclosure.
- Review the plan details and select I agree to the terms and conditions.
- Enter the enrollment information.
- Select your payment method.
- Enter your payment account information.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Confirm the information and select Pay.
If you need help, please contact Cashnet by phone at (800) 339-8131, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., eastern time.
Credit card payments: Cashnet, as an independent third-party servicer, accepts credit card payments for the Full Service Payment Plan (FSPP). Cashnet charges a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.75% of the amount charged for domestic and 4.25% for international credit card payments. Cornell does not charge the fee or receive any part of the fee. The fee is paid in full to and retained by Cashnet. The convenience fee charge will appear separately from the Bursar payment on your credit card statement.