Unit (and Traveler) Responsibilities
Note: AAA Travel is for guest, group, and international travel only.
The preferred method of payment for individual travel is to charge your corporate Diners Club card or a personal credit card. Instructions on paying for travel through AAA
- Sign up for direct deposit of reimbursements.
- If needed, request a cash advance using an "Advance Request" form.
- Clearly state the business purpose. A "business purpose" has been defined as an explanation that must be understandable by an internal/external auditor who has no knowledge of the person or the trip and how it benefited the mission of the university.
- If you currently send receipts to the UBSC, your reimbursement will be submitted via the travel system. We will capture your "signature" electronically within the new electronic system.
- Any person who is issued a Cornell ID must read and agree to a set of responsibilities. The ID is for use only by the individual to whom it is assigned at the time, and only for the duration of need.
- Passwords must never be shared, written down, or stored in electronic form.
- If you currently send us completed paper travel reimbursement forms, you now can complete your travel reimbursement and forward it to your financial transaction specialist at the UBSC.
- Follow the instructions below to submit your travel reimbursement via the online Travel Reimbursement System.
- Complete the necessary fields in the trip system.
- Click once on the "Submit" button at the bottom.
- Select your payment address (if you are on direct deposit, it does not matter which address you select).
- Agree to or decline the Traveler's Attestation.
- Click once on the "Submit trip for reimbursement" button.
- Your travel has been completed.
- You will receive an e-mail confirming completion.
- You may wish to change your current method of handling travel reimbursements based on this new technology.
- Please note that, regardless of method chosen, all original receipts must be sent to the UBSC for all trips within 30 days of completion of the trip. Neither the UBSC nor DFA can finish processing your trip/reimbursement until all original receipts are received.
- Please send any prepaid/direct-paid receipts or documentation along with your travel reimbursement.
- When sending receipts, please do not use staples or tape, because the documents need to be scanned. The tape removes text on certain receipts, and staples, after removed, create areas that catch in the scanner.
- If you have been delegated supervisor review for travel reimbursements, complete the "Supervisor Delegation Plan" form..
- Authorize all travel in advance.
- Review the traveler's expenses for reasonableness and legitimacy via the payment request system, and approve it electronically.
- Approve travel requisitions sent to us via the online Travel Reimbursement System.
- Check for any outstanding cash advances.
- Process reimbursement(s) via the online Travel Reimbursement System/Payment Request System (PayReq).