Cash Advances and Traveler's Checks
- Procedures for Cash Advances
- Your corporate Diners Club card may be used for cash advances from an ATM machine. (However, a corporate American Express card cannot be used for this purpose. American Express cardholders may request a Diners Club card for use in ATM machines.)
- You will need a personal identification number (PIN) for use in ATM machines. To obtain a PIN, call Diners Club at 800-234-6377.
- Cornell will reimburse you for reasonable ATM fees related to Cornell business travel.
- Procedures for Traveler's Checks
- Get travelers checks from a bank directly. For a cash advance to pay for the checks, please submit a travel advance form to your business service center
- Tompkins Trust Company maintains a bank at the Cornell Store and will issue traveler's checks to non-bank customers. You can make the purchase with cash, Visa, or MasterCard.
- The Trust Company will not accept another bank's check, a Diners Club card, or an American express card.
- Cornell will reimburse you for fees for traveler's checks related to Cornell business travel.
- Review and approve the cash advance request form, and forward it to DFA for final processing. All cash advances will be recorded in the UBSC cash advance tracking spreadsheet.
- Reconcile cash advance accounts monthly, and follow up on any outstanding advance(s).