The Kronos 4500 clock tutorial explains how to use your badge and the function keys, and how to understand the display indicators.
This section explains the steps that units or departments need to take to install a new Kronos clock or replace an existing clock.
Contact Payroll to request a clock quote. You'll receive a document from Payroll that you can use to purchase the clock with a procurement card or to create a purchase order. Expect a two-week wait between the purchase date of the clock and its arrival date. Kronos requires a signed quote be faxed separately prior to shipping.
For new clocks, allow a minimum of four to six weeks for network and electrical conduit installation.
- Order network connection installation using CIT's Voice and Data Request for Service. Specify that it is for a Kronos clock and needs a 10-space jack at the location of the clock so it can’t be unplugged. Once you have the ticket number, send it to Payroll so it can be added to your Kronos Clock Installation Request form (see next section).
- Order network AC power installation using Facilities' Service Request form. Specify that it is for a Kronos clock and needs power at the location of the clock so it can’t be unplugged. Once you have the ticket number, send it to Payroll so it can be added to your Kronos Clock Installation Request form (see next section).
- IT support contact – person who is requesting the power and network installation and knows where the clock is to be installed
- Pay rep contact name – person who will be setting up the people record of clock employees with Badge numbers and Device group
- Installation account – account to be billed for installation costs
- Standing work number – to be used for ongoing maintenance of the clock
- Network / modem monthly charge account – account to be billed for ongoing network charges
- Clock location and map of building – map should be in electronic form (if possible) and have the installation site circled
- Terminal Group Name – name that can be used for reporting purposes (for example, the name of the dining facility where the clock is located)
- CIT Commercial Applications will assign a clock number and an IP number along with subnet and gateway information.
- Payroll will submit a ticket to have electricians install the clock.
Important note: Use only water or glass cleaner to clean the surface and lens of the terminal.
Important note: Use only water or isopropyl alcohol to clean the bar code or magnetic badge reader of the terminal.