This page compares the existing accounting string with that in KFS. It illustrates the changes to account number, changes to object code, and changes to project and DUO codes.
Today’s accounting string consists of four elements:
- seven-character account number (Dept-Subledger)
- object code
- project code (optional)
- DUO (Department Use Only) code (optional)
The new KFS accounting string will consist of seven elements:
- chart code (two characters)
- account (seven characters)
- sub-account (optional, up to five characters)
- object code (four characters)
- sub-object code (optional, up to three characters)
- project code (The use for this code at Cornell is, as yet, undefined.)
- org ref ID (This is an optional, free-form field, using up to eight characters.)
The illustration below compares the old and new accounting strings. Required attributes are shown in orange, and optional attributes in yellow.