Account Closing Cycle Query (Brio Query - see instructions above)
- This query identifies accounts with closing cycles and includes department, sub-ledger, title, fund, source, close to account, close cycle, report year, and last transaction date.
- Using "close to" accounts eliminates the need to process journal entries at year-end. Each close cycle transfers funding to or from the "close to" account, depending on the cash balance using object code 2590.
- "Close to" cycles are generally used in fund group 43x, 46x, and may be used in other fund groups. All endowed 43X fund group accounts must have "close to" accounts.
- Four closing cycles take place between preliminary year-end and final year-end closings. The closing process starts after all JEMS journals are approved (Thursday, July 14, 2011).
- Prior to final close, general accounting reviews A1, A2, A3, and A4 cycles to make sure they are in sequence. An account cannot close to another account that closes within the same cycle.
- All requests to change closing cycles can be submitted via e-mail to Unrestricted Funds. Any requests submitted after Monday, July 11, 2011 must be reviewed and approved by the accounting supervisor.
- The following are closing cycles for non-state appropriations and the 2011 year-end schedule:
- A1: Friday, July 15, 2011
- A2: Monday, July 18, 2011
- A3: Tuesday, July 19, 2011
- A4: Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Accounts with Stops and Deletes Query (Brio Query - see instructions above)
- This query identifies accounts with stops and deletes. It includes department, sub-ledger, title, fund, function, source, stop transaction, delete code, to-date account balance, to-date balance without commitments, report year, and last transaction date.
- An account can be deleted from the accounting files at year-end only. At the time of final closing, if the balance must be zero ($0.00), there must be no commitments, and July payroll must not be charged to the account.
- For any accounts that need a stop and/or delete placed on them, submit a request through the Account Management system.
Note: The deadline for all stop and delete requests is 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 1, 2011.
Payroll Suspense Account (sub-ledger 3995) Query (Brio Query - see instructions above)
- This query identifies suspense accounts with payroll charges. It includes department, sub-ledger, title, fund, function, source, to-date balance without commitment, report year, and last transaction date.
- These accounts must not contain any payroll charges and must not have a balance at year-end.
Note: The deadline to clear payroll suspense accounts is Wednesday, July 13, 2011.