Invested Funds is responsible for overseeing the accounting for and compilation of financial reports on endowed, medical and contract college endowment, and similar funds. The staff is the liaison with the Investment Office, the Trust Office, Alumni Affairs and Development's Information Services Office, and units associated with endowment and similar fund accounts. Other areas of responsibility include the long-term investment pool (LTIP).
Investment Accounting focuses on true endowments, funds functioning as endowments, split interest agreements, endowment and similar funds assets, and liabilities.
The Kuali Endowment Module (KEM) is scheduled to go live May 1, 2012, after KFS has been upgraded to version 4.1. For the interim period between July 1, 2011 and May 1, 2012, all invested funds net asset accounts have been mapped to the same account in KFS. The invested fund accounts are mapped to temporary institutional organizations (orgs), consisting of the first two digits of the legacy org code followed by “E0” (the letter “E” and a zero).
- When the income account is initiated, the income account should be routed as “Ad-Hoc Recipients,” as an FYI to Bronwyn O’Brien. Once the income account has been approved, General Accounting will edit the new invested fund gift account with the newly created income account number.
- It is necessary to Ad-Hoc, FYI Bronwyn so that she can enter the income account to the invested fund account, because it impacts payout. Note that the income account that is entered in the Endowment Accounts Number field needs to be an existing KFS account before it can be entered.
- Fiscal Officer: smh44, Sue Hoadley
- Account Supervisor: as defined by the FTC/BSC director
- Account Manager: beo7, Bronwyn O’Brien
Please direct questions about this information to General Accounting.